Sunday, September 19, 2010

google blog probs,

I am having to upload my pics on another google account, publish  then cut and paste on to this post, seem a bit farsicle but its the way google play things,
http://www.nilelife.blogspot.com/
eastern long tailed butterfly.

You maybe asking what is this guy doing in a dumping ground??
well all I can say is where there are flies and strange pongs there are spiders dragonflies
etc, and today I am not carrying any weight all I have is my new Olympus pocket camera,
as I had no intention of birding today , just a walkabout around town but one thing led to another and I found myself on the outskirts of the city the photos up to this point are on the
me and my camera blogspot


this is a dry irrigation channel well overgrown and a good place for the spiders


 known as the Wasp Spider. That zig-zag ribbon of silk is called the stabilimentum - there are several theories as to its purpose.









grasshoppers are everywhere and all sizes






this one was about 3 1/2" but was playing shy in the sugar cane leaves,

only bird photo of the day the little green bee-eater,

blue chaser

green and brown chaser not so easy to take photos of where I was deep in the scrub,
But I am quite content with today's photos of our wonderful wildlife.

1 comment:

Bob Bushell said...

That is a terrific spider, it was in very good condition especially it was taken by an Olympus camera.